Mary Jordan takes pride in sourcing ingredients from local suppliers and the menus offer home-made vegetable soup with soda bread scones and comforting hot lunch favourites like baked ham, roast beef or lamb, pies and lasagnes. Home baking, local produce and traditional Irish hospitality are hallmarks of this restaurant. Recommended by the Georgina Campbell and McKenna Guides 2015. Winner of Best Casual Dining Award in Carlow in 2010. Display and sale of local artwork. Enjoy a Sli na Sceacha walk around the immediate hedgerow. 1km from Altamont Gardens. Nominated in the Restaurant Association of Ireland Local Hero Award 2016 for use of local produce.
Open: 7 days 9.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Open late by request.
- Seats 50 people including patio area.
- Wheelchair friendly.
- Ample coach and car parking.
- Coach tours, club outings, walking groups, workshops, meetings, art and craft exhibitions.
- Family functions and parties.
- Home baking for sale.
- Serving breakfasts, morning coffee, lunches and afternoon tea.