Tinnahinch-Graiguenamanagh

Tinnahinch-Graiguenamanagh

Tinnahinch-Graiguenamanagh are very popular boating centres on the River Barrow whose character reflects a bygone time when the area was an important focal point for commercial traffic on the river. Both towns are connected by a beautiful bridge, constructed in 1767 when a canal system was being built.

One of Ireland’s finest Cistercian monasteries was founded in 1204 by Norman monks from Stanley Abbey in Wiltshire.