Exceptional country hotel and self-catering lodges
Ballykealey House is nestled beneath the Blackstairs Mountains, close to the picturesque town of Ballon. The enchanting 19th century Ballykealey House combines history with modern convenience. Following extensive refurbishment, visitors will enjoy the relaxed and refined atmosphere of this premises.
Super Self-Catering Staycation Package!
- 2 bedroom-house – can accommodate up to five people, kitchen and lounge area. From €300 per night.
Ballykealey Self-Catering Lodges are a great choice this summer. You still achieve that hotel feeling, as residents enjoy full access to Ballykealey House and its facilities. The beautiful two storey en-suite houses are the perfect choice for meeting up with family or friends.
Gourmet Dining Experience from €199 per room
1 night B&B and 1 evening meal from €199 per room – comprising a luxurious overnight stay in Ballykealey House, freshly cooked full Irish breakfast and sumptuous four course evening meal.
1 night B&B from €169 per room – comprising a luxurious overnight stay in Ballykealey House and freshly cooked full Irish breakfast.
The Lord Bagenal
Four-star hotel on the banks of the River Barrow and Barrow Way walking route
The Lord Bagenal Inn is a multiple award-winning family run hotel and restaurant featuring 39 spacious, elegant bedrooms decorated in a classic boutique style, providing a haven of peace and calm. Contemporary Irish and international cuisine is a strong offering of this property where there is a strong emphasis on using the finest local products along with daily specials from locally sourced suppliers.
Summer Re-Opening Offers!
- 2-night luxury getaway – Two night package featuring full Irish breakfast each morning, dinner on two evenings and €30 credit towards a la carte menu. From €323 total stay
- Bed, breakfast and bar food – One night package featuring full Irish breakfast, dinner and €30 credit towards a la carte menu. From €149 total stay
- Best Available Rate B&B – from €95 total stay
- Two-night break – two nights B&B and 1 dinner. From €288 total stay
Mount Wolseley Hotel
Four-star resort hotel, spa, golf club and self-catering lodges
From the grand sweeping staircases, Italian marble floors and regal furnishings, this beautiful resort exudes luxury and comfort. With a tree-lined drive, beautiful private garden and a tranquil lake, this four star hotel provides a captivating backdrop for family and leisure breaks. Complete with a championship 18-hole golf course, the award-winning Wolseley Spa and extensive leisure facilities, this hotel provides the perfect escape.
Exceptional Summer Re-Opening Offers!
- Family Staycation – Two-night family offer featuring full Irish breakfast each morning, dinner on one evening for up to two adults and two children, access to the woodland play park with zipline, free wi-fi, plus extensive leisure facilities including 20 metre heated swimming pool and kiddies pool and resort country walking trail. From €552 total stay
- The Great Escape – Overnight stay in a de-luxe room with full Irish breakfast and four course dinner. Features following hotel credits – €5 per adult towards afternoon tea, €10 per adult towards a round of golf, 15% discount on selected Elemis products. From €288 total stay. Two night stay B&B and 1 Dinner with above credits – €412 total stay.
- Golden Active Retired Special – Two-night stay in a deluxe double room midweek featuring full Irish breakfast each morning, four course dinner on both evenings, extensive leisure facilities including 20 metre heated swimming pool. Features following hotel credits – €5 per adult towards afternoon tea, €10 per adult towards a round of golf, 15% discount on selected Elemis products and 10% discount card for Rathwood Home and Garden World. From €184 per person sharing.
- Self-catering Resort Houses – luxurious, four-star deluxe self-catering resort houses with access to woodland play park with zipline, free WiFi, extensive leisure facilities including 20 metre heated swimming pool and kiddies pool and resort country walking trail. €1,700 5 night stay (July and August) and 7 night stay €2,000 (July and August), September – December minimum 2 night stay from €799.
Seven Oaks Hotel
Timeless elegance – four-star hotel accommodation within a 5-minute walk of Carlow Town centre
From the moment you step inside the Seven Oaks Hotel visitors are assured of the warmest Irish welcome from friendly, attentive staff. Combined with the timeless elegance of its interiors, this four-star property within a short walk of Carlow Town’s Cultural Quarter makes for the perfect stay. Check out the state-of-the-art leisure club and the newly renovated outdoor dining space.
Sizzling Staycation Getaways and Outstanding Offers!
- Family Offers: Family Weekend Break 2 Nights B&B and 1 Dinner – €385 per family.
Family Midweek Mini Break 2 Nights B&B and 1 Dinner – €340 per family.
Family Midweek Break 3 nights B&B and 2 Dinners – €550 per family.
(Rates above consist of 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years in a family room).
- Weekend Offers: Fabulous Friday Offers From €89 per person sharing – includes B&B, two course dinner and a complimentary box of luxury chocolates.
Weekend Break €169 per person sharing – includes two nights B&B, two course dinner on one evening with a complimentary box of luxury chocolates.
- Midweek Offers: Midweek Break – €139 per person sharing – includes two nights B&B, two course dinner on one evening and a complimentary box of luxury chocolates.
- Over 55’s Offers: Always Active Midweek Getaway From €215 per person sharing – includes three nights B&B, two course dinner on two evenings and a complimentary box of luxury chocolates.
Young at Heart from €135 per person sharing – includes two nights B&B, two course dinner on one evening and a complimentary box of luxury chocolates.
Always Active from €160 per person sharing – includes two nights B&B, two course dinner each evening and a complimentary box of luxury chocolates.
The Step House Hotel
Four-star boutique hotel accommodation
The Step House Hotel is a four-star family-run boutique hotel located in the picturesque south Carlow village of Borris at the foot of Mount Leinster and the Blackstairs Mountains. From the original Gothic detailing of the entrance to the restrained opulence of the interior, this is a place to soothe and inspire.
An eclectic collection of furniture and art, hand chosen over time, reflects the individual personalities of the owners, Cait and James Coady, and will delight guests as they relax in the bar and lounges.
Staying and dining at the Step House Hotel is a truly unforgettable experience and the whole Step House family looks forward to welcoming you.
Staycation Getaways – Outstanding Offers!
- Bed & Breakfast from €160 per room
- Bed, Breakfast & Dinner for 1 night from €250 per room
- Bed, Breakfast & Dinner for 2 nights from €410 per room
- Midweek Escape Bed, Breakfast & Dinner for 2 nights from €360 per room
- 10% off B&B when booking online – Prices from € 144
Four-star luxury hotel accommodation
The Talbot Hotel Carlow is a four-star luxury hotel on the outskirts of Carlow Town. Ideal for a family break or a weekend away. Rooms are specious and bright featuring all modern conveniences including satellite TV and broadband internet access. The on-site Inspirit Health & Leisure Club offers a high-tech gym with attentive staff, a Kinesis wall as an alternative way to work out, a 20-metre swimming pool with kiddies pool, spa pool, steam room and sauna. The Ealu Medi Spa offers a range of treatments from relaxing facials and massages to reflexology and slimming body wraps.
Staycation Deals for that deserved break away!
- June Midweek Getaway – 2 nights B&B and 1 Dinner from €89 per person sharing
- Family Break – 2 nights B&B and 1 Dinner from €328 (2 adults and 2 children under 12 in a family room)
- Couples break – 2 nights B&B and 1 Dinner from €99 per person sharing
- Talbot Play and Stay Two Night Break – 2 nights B&B and 1 Dinner together with three rounds of golf (Carlow, Mount Wolseley and Bunclody Golf and Fishing Club – Premier Pass) – from €179 per person sharing
Whatever package you choose be sure you can book with confidence as the Talbot Hotel ensures there is:
- No deposit required
- Free cancelation up to 24hours before arrival
- Free ample parking
- Free access to Talbot Fitness Leisure Club and many more
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Idyllic views of the Killeshin Hills and the River Barrow surround the tranquil countryside setting of the Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Relax in over 80 warmly decorated and restful bedrooms, many providing magnificent views of the hotel’s stunning natural backdrop. It’s convenient exit 6 location off the M9, 20 minutes from Kilkenny City and five minutes from Carlow Town make it the ideal hub to explore the sights and sounds of Ireland’s Ancient East.
Summer Staycation Accommodation Deals!
Perfect packages for families and couples that are looking to reconnect and rejuvenate, whilst enjoying some well-deserved quality time together following the past year. Deals include:
- Family package – 1-night stay: – from €179 total stay: overnight stay in a family room with full Irish breakfast, €50 meal credit across the duration of your stay to be spent at Plum Tree Bistro, kids movie night with popcorn and juice (during school holidays)
- Family package – 2-night stay: – from €320 total stay: overnight stay in a family room with full Irish breakfast, €75 meal credit across the duration of your stay to be spent at Plum Tree Bistro, kids movie night with popcorn and juice (during school holidays)
- Family package – 3-night stay: – from €390 total stay: overnight stay in a family room with full Irish breakfast, €100 meal credit across the duration of your stay to be spent at Plum Tree Bistro, kids movie night with popcorn and juice (during school holidays)
- Family package – 4 night stay: – from €500 total stay: overnight stay in a family room with full Irish breakfast, €150 meal credit across the duration of your stay to be spent at Plum Tree Bistro, kids movie night with popcorn and juice (during school holidays)
- Couples Retreat – 1 night bed & breakfast in a de-luxe double room, processo on arrival, four course evening meal and a lazy checkout until 1 p.m. – from €165 total stay
5% discount for on-line bookings via www.woodforddolmenhotel.ie
Blackstairs Eco Trails
Gold accredited eco-tourism business featuring shepherd’s huts, an eco-barn, foraging walks and Celtic Tree Trails
Blackstairs Eco Trails is an award-winning eco-tourism business located in the Blackstairs Mountains and the Barrow Valley. Various experiences are on offer from luxurious accommodation in four shepherds huts to foraging and Celtic Tree Trails. A great opportunity to re-connect with nature, relax and unwind.
Shepherds Huts Staycation Deals!
- 4 Shepherds Huts for 4 Nights €950
- 4 Shepherds Huts for 3 Nights €800
- 1 Shepherd Hut for 1 Night €75
- All rates include an organic breakfast each morning, sleeps 8 people in 4 supremely comfortable double beds. Guests have exclusive access of the nearby barn with a fully equipped kitchen, bathrooms, chill out loft area, large dining and reading area looking out onto the Water Garden and Old Rose Garden. Barbecue area. Guests can swim in the small lake, paddle a canoe, or walk the tree trail and star gaze under the summer skies with hot chocolate and marshmallows in hand. Minimum stay three nights.
The next foraging experience takes place June 19th 2021. Starting from 12 noon and finishing at 4 p.m., a range of activities can be enjoyed including foraging in the woods, meadows and fields followed by a three-course organic meal. Guests can take home what they prepare.
The Celtic Tree Trails shares the stories that the old trees have to tell, the stories of our forebears the Celts – stories of mystery, folklore, tradition and history. The €40 package includes an introductory talk and tea or coffee, a short film and a walk of the Celtic Tree Trail at Blackstairs Eco Trails. Starts at 12 noon and finishes at 3 p.m.
Lorum Old Rectory – Historic House
Historic, luxury manor house dating to 1863, nestling beneath the Blackstairs Mountains
Antique furnishings, open fires and a convivial atmosphere welcomes the visitor to one of Ireland’ finest Hidden Ireland properties, situated mid-way between Bagenalstown and the Georgian village of Borris. Spacious, well-appointed bedrooms offer en-suite facilities, direct dial telephone and tea/coffee making facilities alongside beautiful views of the Barrow Valley and Carlow countryside. Family portraits, books, memorabilia, games and the casual yet supremely comfortable way in which the house is furnished gives Lorum its own unique character, encouraging total relaxation. Bobbie Smith, a member of Euro-Toques (the European community of cooks) and her family have built an international reputation for delicious home baking that incorporates mainly local and organically grown produce.
- €180 – €200 per double/twin bedroom per night including full Irish breakfast
- €130 single room per night including breakfast
- Dinner €50 per person
Huntington Castle & Gardens– B&B castle accommodation and self-catering
A destination of effortless relaxation, outstanding beauty and fascinating history
If you are looking for somewhere to stay with a difference, then Huntington Castle, a genuine 17th century castle offers some very interesting options. Originally built as a garrison and later turned into a family estate by Lord Esmonde, the castle’s current custodian Alexander Durdin Robertson and his family, is keeping tradition alive in a decidedly hands-on fashion.
Huntington has a small number of historic guest rooms, all with original period features such as four poster beds and oak panelling. Most rooms are en-suite and each has its own character and story to tell. Full Irish breakfast is served in the exquisite dining room each morning. Huntington Castle has a range of self-catering accommodation available. The newly renovated Esmonde wing of the castle has an enchanting self-catering apartment that sleeps up to 5 people and the Century Gate Lodge and Gate Lodge at the entrance avenue, each sleeping four people. There’s also the thrill of staying on this special estate and the opportunity to discover the beautiful gardens, French limes and Yee Tree Walk along with enjoying tea in the beautiful Victorian tea rooms or evening meal in the nearby award-winning Sha-Roe Bistro.
- €190 per double/twin bedroom per night including full Irish breakfast and a guided tour of Huntington Castle
- Self-catering – from €180 per night
Avlon House B&B
Four star Fáilte Ireland approved B&B with timeless character, elegance and supreme comfort
Outstanding hospitality along with quality comfort and convenience are the hallmarks of this four-star Fáilte Ireland approved property, situated on Carlow’s Green Lane, a leafy mature area, just a seven minute-walk from Carlow Town centre.
Their list of awards and credentials speak for themselves:
- Nominated for Irish Hospitality Awards 2019
- Tripadvisor – Top 25 B&B in Ireland
- Trivago National Awards 2019 – Top 10 Value for Money and Alternative Accommodation in Ireland
- Travellers Choice Award 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Midweek €45.00 per person sharing twin/double
- Weekend €50.00 per person sharing twin/double
Booking through their website guarantees the best rates, most up-to-date availability and exclusive discounted packages.
- 10% reduction for those who book via the website
- Additional offers:
- Save 7% when you stay 2 nights and book via carlowbedandbreakfast.com
- Save 10% when you stay 3 nights or more and book via carlowbedandbreakfast.com
- Save 12.5% when you say 5 nights or more and book via www.carlowbedandbreakfast.com
Mount Brandon Holiday Cottages
Rural idyll at the edge of town
Two holiday cottages, approved to four star Fáilte Ireland standard located on the Carlow side of Graiguenamanagh town, only 5 minutes’ walk from the beautiful river Barrow – ideal for hillwalking, mountain biking, canoeing and kayaking as well as other river-based activities such as swimming or indeed pike and coarse fishing. New on-site pottery studio and school up and running – tremendous fun and a great way of spending a few hours learning a new skill!
- From €440 – €570 per week July – December. Midweek and weekend breaks also available
- Three bedrooms – 1 single downstairs, 2 doubles upstairs – sleeps 5
- Downstairs shower room, upstairs bathroom
- Open fireplace/wood-burning stove
- Private parking for one car
Bicycle hire by arrangement
Boland’s Self-Catering Accommodation
Luxurious, recently renovated two-bedroom self-contained apartment
This apartment comprises a separate fully fitted kitchen, living/dining area, two spacious double/twin bedrooms (one en-suite) and a main bathroom. Conveniently located in the centre of Hacketstown above a family run traditional Irish pub and beside a supermarket, local butchers, post office, pharmacy and take away food outlets. Hacketstown is an ideal base for walkers/tourists, situated at the foot of the Wicklow Way – under one hour’s drive from Dublin and Waterford.
- Minimum three night break €390 midweek or weekend
- Weekly rate €650 (7 nights)
Sandbrook House – self-catering/B&B accommodation
Period Queen Anne style house set in twenty-five acres of lush parkland
This 18th century country manor has been lovingly restored by its owners, ensuring guests have a truly comfortable, memorable and relaxing stay. Situated in its own grounds and set in romantic pastoral surroundings with views up to Mount Leinster and the Blackstairs Mountains, there are lots of spaces for walking and trekking and excellent nearby golf courses as well as an eclectic mix of artisan shops, restaurants and cafes. Sandbrook is a family home, ensuring guests feel truly welcome during their stay. The fabulous kitchen with its cosy Aga offers Sandbrook guests both B&B and self-catering options for exclusive hire. There is a very pretty outside veranda and a stove and fire pit in the garden. House sleeps 27 within 10 bedrooms. Well behaved dogs welcome.
- Prices for midweek, weekend and weekly hire available on request
The Storehouse Self-Catering Accommodation
The perfect destination for walkers, cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts
Situated in Rathanna village, within easy walking distance of the Blackstairs Mountains including Mount Leinster. Ideally located for a range of outdoor activities including walking, cycling, climbing or just visiting the local countryside and relaxing. The South Leinster Way long distance walking route passes close by while the Columban Way passes through the village en-route to the Nine Stones at Mount Leinster. Walking tours can be provided on advanced request. Great for groups of colleagues, friends or families.
- Bed linen, pillows, duvets & towels provided.
- Central heating throughout is provided by solar thermal tubes and an oil fired burner. A small wood burning stove provides the perfect ambiance for a chilly out evenings after a long days exploring.
- Self-catering in fully equipped kitchen. Evening meals can be arranged with local Chef , Min 8 People, booking in advance essential.
- Lounge/dining room. Board games, music, television and books in lounge. BBQ and outside seating area.
- Secure store for bikes and boards, with drying room for coats and boots. Outside area for rinsing/drying wet suits.
- Car park.
- 2 nights from €65 per person sharing – based on a minimum of 8 people
- 3 nights from €90 per person sharing – based on a minimum of 8 people
- Full week rate from €150 per person sharing – based on a minimum of 8 people