Luxurious self-catering accommodations overlooking the River Barrow and Mount Leinster
The Mews in Leighlinbridge presents three separate accommodations – one loft and two apartments all of which are luxuriously equipped. Overlooking the River Barrow and Mount Leinster, each promises a relaxing stay for you to fully unwind and forget about everyday work. Located between Carlow and Kilkenny and only one kilometer from the picturesque village of Leighlinbridge, the Mews self-catering accommodation presents many attractions for visitors.
Enjoy the beauty of nature, relax and unwind in the expansive mature gardens and woodlands. Linger on the jetty by the River Barrow or follow the Barrow Way walking route and watch the swans pass by. Play tennis if you are feeling energetic. Explore the ancient historic Dinn Righ 9th Century Motte. Well located 1 hour from Dublin. For the more adventurous there are kayaking and stand up lessons on the River Barrow available.
- Accommodates 2-4 people depending on venue:
- Limestone cobbled courtyard on working stud farm, accommodates two people
- Luxuriously restored loft, accommodates four people
- Well behaved dog welcome with prior notice.
- All linens and towels provided.
- Storage for bikes, kayaks, golf bags, fishing gear etc.
- Fridge/freezer for fish catch.
- Drying room for wet gear.
- High-speed wireless internet.
Escape to a relaxing world in beautiful settings. We look forward to hosting you.
- Riverview – Sleeps 4
200 Euro per night. Minimum 2 nights stay
- The Cobbles – Sleeps 2
120 Euro per night
- The Archway – Sleeps 2
120 Euro per night. Minimum stay 2 nights
On site experiences to enjoy
- Riverside angling.
- Hard core tennis court, Racquets and balls available.
- Large, expansive well maintained gardens and walks. Extensive variety of mature trees.
- Explore the historic Dinn Riogh Motte, from the 8th century.
- Experience and enjoy up close contact with mares and foals, sheep and lambs, busy hens and of course our very friendly dogs.
Revel in the beauty of nature in peace and solitude less than five minutes from the M9, less than an hour from Dublin.
Local experiences include
- Ideal location for exploring Carlow, Kilkenny and The South East of Ireland.
- Walk, stroll, cycle the Barrow Track. Rent bicycles locally.
- Hiking and trekking the Blackstairs and Mount Leinster Mountains
- Swim in the open air pool in Bagenalstown, swim in the river, try kayaking, boating, stan up paddle boarding with local providers.
- Play the many championship golf courses nearby – Mount Juliet, Carlow, Gowran, or Pitch and Putt at Bagenalstown.
- Base yourself here at The Mews for a gardening tour. Drop in to the nearby Arboretum award winning garden and lifestyle centre.
- Visit the gardens at Altamont, Duckett’s Grove, Delta Sensory Gardens, Mount Congreve, Gash, Heywood, Fruitlawn, Lafacadio Hearn Japanese Gardens in Tramore and the world famous Japanese Gardens and Saint Fiachra’s Garden at the National Stud. All of these gardens are less than an hour from The Mews
- Don’t forget the Annual Garden Trail week run by Carlow Tourism from July 22nd – 31st 2022 www.carlowgardentrail.com
- Come and stay for the many festivals in nearby Kilkenny and the Borris House Festival of Writing and Ideas.
- Excellent local cafes, artisan shops and restaurants.