Sandbrook House and Gardens is a period Queen Anne style house set in twenty five acres of lush parkland in County Carlow. Within easy access to Dublin, this 18th century country manor has been lovingly restored by its owners, ensuring guests have a truly comfortable, memorable and relaxing stay.
Situated in its own grounds and set in romantic pastoral surroundings with views up to Mount Leinster and the Blackstairs Mountains, there are many beautiful and historic sights in the South East of Ireland, including Kilkenny, Waterford and Wexford. Serving the arts and literary festivals in the area, there are open spaces for walking and trekking and excellent nearby golf courses, as well as an eclectic mix of artisan shops, restaurants and cafes.
Sandbrook is a family home, ensuring guests feel truly welcome during their stay. The fabulous kitchen with its cosy Aga, offers Sandbrook guests both B&B and self-catering options for exclusive hire, for family parties of all ages and elegant intimate weddings. There is a very pretty outside veranda and a stove and fire pit in the garden.
The house sleeps 27 guests within 10 bedrooms. Well behaved dogs are welcome too!
Amenities & Services
- House-keeping services available
- Hiking and foraging in the Blackstairs Mountains & Mount Leinster
- TV and WI-FI (Internet)
- Sonos Sound System
- Croquet, golf and horse riding
- Car Parking
- Bed & Breakfast on request
- Dogs welcome
- Part sponsors of the Borris House Literary Festival
- Food supplies sourced from Carlow Farmers’ Market, Coolanowle Food Hall and Organic Meat Shop and Carlow Farmhouse Cheese.
Welcome Standard: Failte Ireland Quality Assured