The Mews Luxurious self-catering accommodations overlooking the River Barrow and Mount Leinster
- The Mews at Burgage luxurious self-catering accommodation, offers three exceptionally, individual, comfortable luxury self-catering homes located in a picturesque courtyard of a period country estate on the banks of the River Barrow. Burgage built in 1770 is sited on a working thoroughbred stud farm. The self-catering properties are set within the original cut stone, private cobbled courtyard, with its own entrance and parking.
- In a stylish, charismatic blend of old and new, guests will enjoy quality beds, top-grade kitchen fittings in a very well equipped kitchen along with sleek, contemporary touches and unapologetic period charm and comfort. There are extensive, mature gardens, with hard core tennis court to enjoy. Guests can bring fishing gear to try their luck by the jetty or to just relax and unwind by the river. Bring your boots to walk around the 8th Century Dinn Riogh the Seat of the High King of Leinster – a motte and bailey on the farm.
- We are located one km from Leighlinbridge, Co Carlow, a tranquil and rural place yet only 20 minutes from the centre of Kilkenny city and one-hour easy access from Dublin. The Mews luxurious self-catering homes are ideally located for exploring Carlow and the South East or as a unique destination in itself.
- Modern day luxury is combined with old world charm to offer the perfect country break. All linen and towels are provided along with basic cooking staples.
- Escape to a relaxing world in beautiful settings. We look forward to hosting you.
- The Riverview– Sleeps 4
€200 per night. Minimum 2 night’s stay
7 nights €950, inclusive linen, and electricity.
- The Cobbles– Sleeps 2
€120 per night. Minimum stay 2 nights
Weekly rate €700 includes linen and electricity.
- The Archway – Sleeps 2
€120 per night. Minimum stay 2 nights
Weekly rate €700 includes linen and electricity
The properties provide:
- Accommodation for 2-4 people depending on venue. In total a group of 8 people.
- All linens and towels. Basic cooking staples.
- Storage for bikes, kayaks, golf bags, fishing gear etc.
- Fridge/freezer for fish catch.
- Drying room for wet gear.
- High-speed wireless internet.
- Well behaved dog welcome with prior notice.
- Board games, music, television and books available for your enjoyment.
- BBQ , inside and outside seating areas to enjoy .
- Secure store for bikes and boards, with drying room for coats and boots.
- Outside area for rinsing/drying wet suits
On site experiences to enjoy
- Riverside angling.
- Hard core tennis court, Racquets and balls available.
- Large, expansive well maintained gardens and walks. Extensive variety of mature trees.
- Explore the historic 8th Century Dinn Riogh Motte and Bailey.
- Experience and enjoy up close contact with mares and foals, sheep and lambs, busy hens and of course our very friendly dogs.
- Revel in the beauty of nature in peace and solitude less than five minutes from the M9, less than an hour from Dublin.
Local experiences include
- Ideal location for exploring Carlow, Kilkenny and The South East of Ireland.
- Walk, stroll, cycle the Barrow Track. Rent bicycles locally.
- Hiking and trekking the Blackstairs and Mount Leinster Mountains
- Swim in the open air pool in Bagenalstown, swim in the river.
- Try kayaking, boating, stand up paddle boarding with local providers.
- Play the many championship golf courses nearby – Mount Juliet, Carlow, Gowran, or Pitch and Putt at Bagenalstown.
- Base yourself here at The Mews for a gardening tour. Drop in to the nearby Arboretum award winning garden and lifestyle centre. Visit Altamont and Delta centre gardens. Base yourself here and visit many great gardens within easy distance.
- Don’t forget the Annual Garden Trail week run by Carlow Tourism from
- Come and stay for the many festivals in nearby Kilkenny and the Borris House Festival of Writing and Ideas.
- Enjoy excellent local cafes, artisan shops and restaurants.
4 Star Rating:* * * *
The Mews, Burgage Stud, Leighlinbridge, Co. Carlow. R93 RK35